It’s nearly the end of 2018!! Now is the best time to reflect upon this year and perhaps start planning for the year 2019. I saw Brianna (from Brianna the Bookworm) did this “End of the Year Book” tag and it looks pretty fun, so I tagged myself :D! I tag all of you that wishes to do the tag!
1. Are there any book you started this year that you need to finish?
I started The Queen of the Tearling I think a few months ago, but for some reason (probs university), I dropped it after only reading the first 100-ish pages. It wasn’t because it was bad or anything, but I just needed to study. But I’m determined to somehow finish it!
As for 99 Percent Mine, I think I’ll read it sometime before the new year, and that’ll count as the entirety of all things romantic that has happened to me this year.
I’m currently STILL reading Vicious… I know…..
I’m such a disappointment to Mama Schwab,
2. Do you have an autumnal book to transition into the end of the year?
Although it’s summer in Australia… I’m still happy to enlighten you my choice of autumnal book – The Scorpio Races. Everything escalated from 0 to 100 in this one. And Maggie is Queen.
3. Is there a new release that you’re still waiting for?
Technically, Evermore will be published on the 31st December in the US (it’ll be the new year in Australia by then though oops).
4. What are three books you want to read before the end of the year?
Look, I’m gonna be real honest with you: I don’t know if I’ll end up reading all of these books, but it’s always good to aim high. I do want to read Queen of Air and Darkness, I got it the day it came out at the bookstore, BUT I STILL HAVEN’T TOUCHED IT. I don’t know what’s wrong with me, I have been dying to get my hands on Queen, but I think I’m not ready for the story to end. NOT. AT. ALL.
The other book I want to read is Playing Her Secret Crushby Casey Griffin. It’s gonna be a cute read and I am in need for something like that.
The third would be Shiver by Maggie (yes, I actually haven’t read this series).
5. Is there a book you think could still shock you & become a favorite of the year?
Oh definitely both Vicious and Queen of Air and Darkness!
Hope it won’t end like this:
6. Have you already started making reading plans for 2019?
I have! I have the following in mind:
- Read at least 35 books (dropping my Goodreads goal from 50 because of uni)
- Actually try out audio books
like I said I would last year
- Be more open to DNFing books – to save myself time to read what I actually enjoy.
- Read more classics (e.g. Jane Eyre, Great Expectations, Jane Austen books)
- Try not to be so extreme with my emotions when it comes to books:
haha, jokes on me, the 5th goal ain’t gonna be realistic ever
AAAAND THAT’S A WRAP for today’s post! Hope you enjoyed it and I hope to see some of you do this tag! If not, I’d still love to see your answers to these prompts in the comments! Happy Reading and Enjoy the Holiday Season 😀 xx
© Bibliophilic Med Student 2018. All Rights Reserved. Please do not use without permission. All opinions are my own and you can find me on Instagram @bibliomeds and Twitter. You can also add me on Goodreads.