So … a day or so ago while I was
productively procrastinating from studying, I went on a wild 3 am search for some new The Raven Cycle fanart (I was desperate), and I encountered Anna @ Annaish who did a Raven Cycle book tag – AND I KNEW THAT I HAVE TO DO IT ASAP (and alas, I finally got the time to write this by procrastinating even more). Here we go:
- In the books, Maura is the relaxed mom that is Blue’s friend more than an actual mother. Who is your favourite mom character?
Mrs Weasley From Harry Potter!!! She’s the kindest, most caring and loving mother, and she is a hella brave too (recall all the duel scenes)! She’s different from Maura who is more chill, but Mrs Weasley also has her quirk too and will fight you if you *sobs* hurt her family.
- Adam wanted to go to Aglionby so he could one day escape where he came from. Have you ever dreamt of living somewhere else? Where?
I surely have! I’d dreamt of living in England, not necessarily London
but that would be nice actually, but just anywhere in the UK would be epic. Scotland would be nice too, no way I would complain about that.
- In the second book we meet the Gray Man. He is a hit man who loves poetry. Name a book that you thought was going to be one thing but turned out to be something else.
For me it was November 9 by Colleen Hoover. It was my first ever CoHo book, and OH MY GOSH, I did not expect it to be ONE HECK OF A RIDE?
I read it on a family trip bad choice. My heart self-combusted after that book. Both good and bad ways such strong emotions are occasionally bad for the heart I’m telling you.
- Gansey has searched most of his life for a buried king who is promised to grant one wish. What is one wish you would ask Glendower?
6 extra hours per day just for reading.
Super fast metabolic rate so I can pig out and won’t feel guilty.
The power to mind read read.
I want to marry Richard Gansey III IRL.
- In this series you get to see Greenmantle as a fleshed out character but also as a villain. Name your favorite villain.
The sexy Darkling from Grisha Trilogy.
He’s not really a villain, my precious bean is just misunderstood ok, I love him and he deserves better.
- Blue’s got her Raven Boys. Who makes up your bookish team (4)?
Hermione Granger from Harry Potter (help me study please senpai), Inej Ghafa from Six of Crows (dance/fitness buddy, 2am D&M chats, and we’ve got each other’s backs
once she teaches me her ninja skills), Clary Fray from The Mortal Instruments (my go-to buddy for latest art projects, and all things nerdy), and Nina Zenik from Six of Crows (friends who eat together, stay together).
- Ronan is a bad ass with a sensitive side. What book have you read that was action packed but had beautiful emotional scenes as well?
Our Dark Duet by V. E. Schwab. It was ACTION-LOADED, BLOODY, TWISTED, AND HAS EPIC EMOTIONAL SCENES that made me cried for
fucking hours (I did read this book during a difficult time, aaaand it changed my life).
- Noah has a heart of gold. Who has touched your heart recently?
SEAN freaking KENDRICK from The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater (wow you guys must be so surprised). This man has got this “don’t touch me” vibe going on, who is also the master of understatements (the famous line: oh y’know “I just ride the horses”), but you know what, I want to hug him and squish his cheeks because he is absolutely adorable and has the biggest heart, for horses and the people who are important to him.
- Calla is a woman who speaks her mind and puts her foot down when necessary. Who is your favorite strong female character?
FAVOURITE? I HAVE TO PICK ONE?
Of course I ain’t picking just one who are we kidding here.
Vika from The Crown’s Game – she is fearless, passionate and strong in her own unique way.
Audrey Rose Wadsworth from Stalking Jack the Ripper – a real feminist, she is a smart, and head-strong women with a strong drive to achieve – despite the many obstacles due to her circumstance.
Inej Ghafa from Six of Crows – my main gal Inej is actually my idol. She’s emotionally strong, physically strong, spiritually strong (thanks to her Saints), inez is perfect – I love Inej.
- Chainsaw is an awesome Raven boy pet. If you could have one “exotic” pet…what would it be? What would you name it?
I would have a black hawk named Reece. When required
or when I’m pissed, my ‘exotic’ pal would go voluntarily and rip out one’s eyeball. What a beautiful sight. Oh and I can strap a Go-Pro on his leg so he can help me shoot pretty scenic pics/ videos.
Hope you enjoy my little post! ICYMI, I have a Raven Cycle themed Bookstagram Challenge going on – you can still join!. Anyways, until next time!
EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO DO THIS TAG. GO GO GO.
© Bibliophilic Med Student 2017. All Rights Reserved. Please do not use without permission. All opinions are my own and you can find me on Bookstagram @bibliomeds. You can also follow me on Goodreads.