Heyo book lovers! 🙂 It’s that time again for my monthly wrap up! August went by too quick in my liking and my exams are getting closer every week *sobs*. Anyways, I’ll keep this post short and sweet! Here we go:
The books I’ve read this month: (click on the link to read my review!)
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich (⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Strange Alchemy by Gwenda Bond (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Take Three Girls by Cath Crowley, Simmone Howell & Fiona Wood (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
I managed to read 5 books in the month of August (since life got in the way). Med school is crazy this semester and I’ve been VERY very busy. I have one week off uni (study week) starting today so I hope to binge read a book or two during this time! I’m currently reading A Semi-Definitive List of Worst Nightmare by Krystal Sutherland (whom I’m meeting in a few weeks), and yeah~ it’s alright so far, (I’m not over 10 pages in though).
Books I bought for myself this month:
- The Edge of Everything by Jeff Giles
- One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus
- The Scorpio Races by Queen Maggie Stiefvater (I AM SO KEEN TO READ THIS)
- My dad also bought me a signed copy of The Dream Walker by Victoria Carless
- I also got The Hearts We Sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones from the August Owlcrate box! (look out for an unboxing blog post soon!)
Books I received from publishers:
- S.T.A.G.S. by M. A. Bennett
- Because You Love to Hate Me edited by Ameriie
- The True Colour of Forever by Carrie Firestone
The books I’m MOST excited about that will be released in September:
- Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff (I NEED THIS BOOK ASAP
- Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic by Leigh Bardugo
- Warcross by Marie Lu
- An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson
- Fireblood by Elly Blake
Unfortunately, Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas isn’t on this list, shocking I know, but I thought I’d mention it because I don’t think I’ll read it until later this year, spoilers can come at me and I don’t think I care anymore because duh, it’s bound to happen (who are we kidding, it’s just life). I am doing so because I don’t want to put myself through so much feels and just the thought of having to wait another year-ish for TOG7 already pains me to the core. So no, I definitely won’t (have time to) read it when it comes out this month.
Possible (and likely) books that are on my September TBR:
- A Semi-Definitive List of Worst Nightmares by Krystal Sutherland
- Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
- Roar by Cora Carmack
- When I Cast Your Shadow by Sarah Porter
How many books did you manage to read this month? Which was your favourite read? Mine was hands-down Nevernight! I highly recommend it if you’re looking for something MIND-FUKING-BLOWING, BLOODY and contains GLORIOUSLY DARK HUMOUR! Also feel free to comment some books you are hoping to read in September! Happy Reading angels!
© Bibliophilic Med Student 2017. All Rights Reserved. Please do not use without permission. All opinions are my own and you can find me on Bookstagram @bibliomeds. You can also follow me on Goodreads.