I was tagged by Bekka from Pretty Deadly Reviews to do the Harry Potter Spell Book Tag! This is my first time doing on so I’m quite excited! (*squeal* because it’s Harry Potter theme!) Anyway, this tag was originally created by Kimberly Faye Reads. Let’s get to it.
1. Accio – the summoning charm. An upcoming release you cannot wait to get your hands on.
Oooh, this is a hard one! (Let’s be honest here) For the purpose of this tag I’ll go with Our Dark Duet by V.E. Schwab! I am so excited for it! If you haven’t read book 1 of the series This Savage Song, you’re surely missing out!
2. Alohamora – the unlocking charm. Favorite series starter.
Hands down The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater! I’m total trash for the Raven Cycle so no surprises there. Here are my 10 Reasons you should read The Raven Boys.
3. Cheering Charm. A book that gave you all the warm fuzzies.
I gotta give this one to Kasie West’s P.S. I Like You. It’s super cute and moving as well. I relate to the character a lot so it’s a winner for me!
4. Aguamenti – water-making spell. A book that made you ugly cry.
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare aka Queen. GUYSS this book gave me too many feels. If you’ve read this book you would know what I mean.
5. Expecto Patronum – the patronus charm. A bookish hero or heroine you’d want around to protect you in real life.
I love and treasure Julian Blackthorn from Lady Midnight (again by Cassandra Clare). He’s loyal, sweet and has a heart of white gold. I love him with all my life.
6. Lumos – creates light. A book you intentionally spoiled for yourself.
I was on the late train to the Shatter Me series ok, but I kept hearing about this Warner dude so I was like, “oh who’s that?” *face-palm as I just spoiled myself of Ignite Me*.
7. Imperio – the imperius curse. A book you wish you could make everyone read because you love it so much.
The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye. It’s set in Russia, it’s got enchanters, it’s got badass magic, it’s got a golden-haired prince, it’s got romance – PEOPLE GO READ IT PLEASE I BEG YOU! The sequel The Crown’s Fate is also recently released!
8. Engorgio – engorgement charm. A book series you wish never ended.
After finishing Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo, I went on without speaking to anyone for at least 16 hours. The Six of Crowns duology is a series that I wish NEVER ENDED because there’s so much that’s unsettled! I JUST WANT MORE!!!! Read my spoiler-free review of Crooked Kingdom on here.
9. Wingardium Leviosa – levitation charm. A book with an uplifting mood or message.
Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer – it’s such a brilliantly crafted book of friendships, family and forgiveness. And most of all – HOPE! It’s so far my favourite read of 2017 – go read my review for Letters to the Lost here!
10. Obliviate – memory charm. A book you wish you could forget you ever read.
I was sent an ebook to review called The Detention Land. Ugh it was awful. I won’t even talk about it.
11. Anapneo – clears the target’s airways. An author whose books always get you out of a slump.
Oh HEY AGAIN Cassandra Clare!
ME: Here, take my soul and crush it, nah its fine, just take it.
12. Jelly Legs Jinx. A swoon-worthy hero or heroine.
Will Herondale from The Infernal Devices, anyone else with me?
13. Arresto Momentum – slows down the target. A book that caused you to drop everything and read it.
November 9 by Colleen Hoover. Heart-breaking and I basically didn’t eat or drink or sleep until I finished it. (I was a mess). Read my review on here.
14. Crucio – the cruciatus curse. A book that was painful to read.
King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard. Look, I’m gonna be honest with you – I like Red Queen, but King’s Cage? Nah – it was such a long drag that’s painful to my eyes. After reading book 3, I don’t know if I’m gonna continue with the series. Read my spoiler-free review for King’s Cage on here.
15. Rictumsempra – the tickling charm. A book that made you laugh out loud.
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by (once again) Cassie Clare. Simon Lewis is an absolute gem, I swear he makes everything hilarious. Read my spoiler-free review on here.
16. Expelliarmus – disarming charm. A book that made you want to send it flying.
I was going to reread A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. But nah, I couldn’t do it. Full Stop. Byeeee.
17. Portus – turns an object into a portkey. Bookish world you wish you could visit.
The Wizarding World from Harry Potter of course! Who are we kidding! (I want to live in the Shadowhunter World but for a visit? Wizarding World definitely!)
18. Stupefy – stunning spell. A book with a shocking twist or ending.
Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – nothing beats that. THIS BOOK IS SO SO GOOD AHHHHHH!!!!
19. Avada Kadavra – the killing curse. A character death that destroyed you.
Two books. Buckets of tears. Go figure.
20. Finite Incantatum – terminates all spells in the area. Best series conclusion.
I love Claudia Gran’s Firebird Trilogy – and its final instalment A Million Worlds With You – is the best. So nerve-wrecking to read, but it ticks all the boxes for me. Read my spoiler-free review of of it on here.
That’s a wrap for this post! Hope you enjoy it! And I tag YOU!
Happy Reading xx