I am so glad to be nominated for the Liebster Award by Jeannie @ The Happy Clam! Thank you so much! Be sure to check out her awesome blog!
What is the Liebster award?
The Liebster Award is all about building out the book blogging community. Specifically, it’s a way to highlight newer blogs that don’t necessarily have a large following yet (less than 200). You get to discover hidden gems of blogs, make new book blog friends and learn more about the bloggers you already follow!
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their site on your blog
- Display the award on your blog
- Answer 10 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers for the award
- Create a new list of questions for your nominees to answer
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so they can learn about it
1. If you could live in any book universe, which would you pick?
I’ll have to pick the Shadow World by Cassandra Clare! The Mortal Instruments is the first book series that I commit myself into and the one that reignited my passion for reading – so it has to be it. I absolutely love the world building: the brave and graceful Shadowhunters, the (bloody) Clave, the chaotic Down World comprised of Vampires, Werewolves, Faeries and Warlocks. As much as I want to sound modest, I have no doubt I’ll be an excellent Shadowhunter 😉
2. Assemble a team of literary badasses to help you fight off the zombie apocalypse. Who would you choose?
Definitely Aelin Ashryver Galathynius and Rowan Whitethorn from Throne of Glass, Kaz Brekker + Inej Ghafa + Jesper Fahey from Six of Crows, Emma Carstairs and Julian Blackthorn from Lady Midnight, Jace Herondale from The Mortal Instruments, and probably Ronan Lynch – with his sass and all haha.
3. Pick a book or character that most closely resembles you or your life.
BLUE SARGENT from The Raven Cycle!!!!! I am probably in most ways similar to Blue: we are both feminists, opinionated, sarcastic AF and don’t get close to any boys unless necessary. Appearance wise, I’m practically her: black choppy bob, short, compactly built, wear old and second hand clothes (t-shirts, boots and patchy denim everything you name it). I dream of having a squad, having a psychic ability, oh did I mention I am obsessed with nature?
4. What is your favorite movie or TV show adaptation of a book?
Well Riverdale from Archie comics is technically a book right? haha! I AM OBSESSED WITH THE RIVERDALE TV SHOW I HAVE NEVER EVER BEEN THIS OBSESSED WITH ANY SHOWS SO THIS HAS TO BE IT! (Ok, if it still doesn’t count, I’ll go with Harry Potter).
5. If you were to write a book about your life, which author would you want to write it?
Hmmm, I would have to say Cassandra Clare – since she would definitely spice things up in my ordinary life hehe! I also reckon Maggie Stiefvater would do a brilliant job at it! Maybe I’ll find myself a Gansey someday haha.
6. What is your favourite time and place to read?
This depends on the season: If it’s in summer, I like to read after dinner on the living room couch or on my bed. In winter, I like to read during the afternoon or at night on my bed snuggled underneath my blankets.
7. What is your favourite reading time snack?
Coffee, tea, nutri-grain cereal, and rice crackers (seaweed flavour).
8. List 3 facts about yourself that are totally unrelated to books and blogging.
- My favourite food is pasta and acai bowls (I can eat either for every meal every day)
- I am a huge procrastinator – I probably should be writing an reflective essay right now but ah well.
- I can play the piano, guitar, ukulele, flute and harmonica.
9. What is your current and/or dream job?
I’m currently in medical school (a 2nd year student), and (for now) I want to specialise in psychiatry or neurology. It’s my dream job to become a doctor for those in need, I hope to volunteer to third world countries and work for Doctors Without Borders sometime after I’ve graduated as a fully qualified doctor.
10. What is the best book you’ve read this year?
Oh this is a hard one! Can I please pick two? It’s a tied between This is Our Story by Ashley Elston and Frostblood by Elly Blake.
The following are some of awesome the blogs I follow which have less than 200 followers. Be sure to also check them out!
New Questions for Nominees:
- What advice would you give to new book bloggers?
- What genre of books do you enjoy most?
- What is that one book that made you reflect for a long time?
- What has been the most rewarding part about having a book blog?
- If possible, which fictional world would you take up permanent residence?
- What is that one book/ series that really got you into reading?
- Is there a book that you think everyone in the world should read and why?
- Favourite reading time and snacks?
- Who are your top 5 OTPs?
- Finally, what are some of your favourite quotes?
Even if I haven’t tagged you, I’d love to hear your answers to my questions in the comment section! Hope you enjoy reading this and I better get back to study some haematology! Happy reading in the mean time and catch y’all next week!